Sunday Service, November 29, 10 am is with Rev. Nancy Mercurio*. Join us for A Season of Hope. With Christmas approaching, the season of Advent begins. It is an opportunity for reflection in anticipation of what lies ahead…Hope…the outcome of our Faith that allows us to wish for something we have no experience in.
Below are a few guidelines our board has asked to share with you to help ensure a safe and spiritual experience:
- Wear a mask or bandana to contain any virus that you may be exhaling. Your mask protects me. My mask protects you.
- Our facility has been cleaned and sanitized during your absence, and we will continue to keep it clean and sanitized.
- If you are not feeling well, or have been exposed to anyone who has been ill, please stay home and watch online. Call us if you need to know how.
- If you have a compromised immune system and/or are considered “at risk,” please stay home and watch online. Call us if you need to know how.
- Youth/Family ministry sessions will be held. Come to the sanctuary foyer before the service to check-in with the teacher.
- When you arrive and exit at Unity, please maintain a six-foot distance from anyone who does not live in your household.
- Our pews are 19-feet long. So, you may sit at either end or at the center of the pew. Please note the blue masking tape signifying the places to sit. Our pews are spaced 3-feet apart. So, avoid having anyone in a pew directly in front or in back of you.
- We ask that you refrain from hugs, handshakes, and holding hands unless you get spoken permission to do so.
- We will have a stationary offering basket in the foyer to receive offerings of checks, credit card slips, or cash. You may also donate on our website, UnityTampa.org/Donate/ at our PO Box 10452; Tampa, FL 33609
- We will no longer hold hands during the Peace Song and the Prayer for Protection. But we will lift our hands in gratitude.
- The Fellowship Hall will remain closed. However, fellowship and conversation may continue in the courtyard and the parking lot. Hospitality (food, snacks, coffee, tea, potlucks) will be suspended for the next few months and will resume when it is considered in the best interest of all.
- Choir, weddings, funerals, and special events in the building are suspended until further notice.
Unity of Tampa will continue present our Sunday services on our Facebook page. Tune in Sunday morning at 10 on the Unity of Tampa Facebook page. The recording of the service will be available on our Facebook Page around 11:15 a.m., after the service has ended. Our monthly potlucks have also been suspended during this time of sheltering, but we are continuing to work to keep in contact with our church family.
We miss seeing our Unity of Tampa family, but we know that it was the right step for us to encourage social distancing and Sheltering in Place, although we prefer to call it “Sheltering in Faith.” This is a challenging time for our country, but we have faith that this, too, shall pass.
Our “Wednesday Gathering” is available “live” on your device using Zoom. We start at 6:30 p.m. with meditation, followed by a 7 p.m. discussion on spirituality, ending with music at approximately 7:40 p.m.
Rev. Carla leads a 30-minute Meditation on Zoom from noon to 12:30 p.m. Thursdays.
Our Thursday Spiritual Discussion Groups continue from noon to 1:30 p.m. or at 7 to 8:30 p.m. We are discussing the book The Quest: A Journey of Spiritual Rediscovery (JaFolla), available from Unity for $19.95.
Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. Follow us on Facebook. We also invite you to join our private group, Community Connection, on Facebook, where you will find encouraging messages, news and prayer requests. Feel free to add yours.
During this time apart, your continued financial support is important and much appreciated. We continue to pay our staff, and we have bills to pay. Your tithes and offerings can be given online, or you can mail your donation to Unity of Tampa, PO Box 10452, Tampa, FL 33679.
We look forward to the time when we can be together in community again. Until then, be safe, be healthy and know that you are loved.
Join us in affirming: “I have the Strength and Faith to meet life courageously, for I am drawing upon the mighty, unlimited Source of Power, Peace and Love.”
In unity & love,
All of Us at Unity of Tampa